I am so often inspired by reading design blogs, and today is no exception. Thanks to Apartment Therapy I discovered French stylist Camille Soulayrol. Her rooms are drenched in white with highlights of natural elements and colors. The creativity in each room would amaze and inspire just about any connoisseur of either French Eclectic or Rustic Revival style (and I bet Nantucket & Cottage Chic would appreciate her too!). Not sure what style you are? Take the Sproost Style Quiz to find out.
It is obvious that Camille is a romantic at heart, and though the following rooms are a bit more on the traditional side, they are filled with a fresh spirit that truly makes something old new again:
I am kind of over decals these days, but I love the subtle gold detailing on the pale blue table.
The subtle tone on tone colors mixed with the pops of gold make this an elegant and inviting space. I’d love to fall asleep in that bed and put my toes in those slippers in the morning!
Wouldn’t you just love to be that girl! And what a great pop of orange in the drapery…
And as much as I love her traditional rooms, I am blown away by her more modern takes on French Eclectic & Rustic Revival:
I kind of think I have to build this for my entryway - I really love everything about this image.
This wall reminds me of my favorite West Elm mirror. And though I don’t think its very practical for a wall covering (imagine dusting in those crevices!), it sure looks amazing.
I love the wood paneling in this room and the subtle stripe it creates. Its such a fresh way to add color and dimension to a room and it looks so chic!
I love the modern door panel that she added to the traditional cabinet. The room feels like a perfect mix of old an new and its such an inexpensive way to refresh an old piece.
Camille I think you’re fabulous! And I dedicate the following collection to you:
(1) Lillian Desk Lamp from Target — $219
(2) Bronze Cabin Porthole Mirror from Newport Nautical — $170
(3) Branch & Glass Console Table from Viva Terra — On Sale $198
(4) Bennington Chairside Table from Home Element — $338
(5) DwellStudio Draper Stripe from Bobby Berk Home — $86
(6) Dove Grey Embroidered Pillow from Bobby Berk Home — $32
(7) Branch & Glass Side Table from Viva Terra — $198
(8) Tamara Love Seat from Home Decorator’s Collection - $929
(9) Haven Floor Lamp from Home Element — $405
(10) Rocket Chair from Home Element — $538
(11) Banana Bowl in Gold from Bobby Berk Home — $270
(12) Fairfax Mirror from Home Element — $278
(13) Lax Entertainment Shelf from Feel More Human — $940